Proper maintenance is an important part of getting that perfect morning cup of coffee. We at Century Coffee Club suggest cleaning your brewer at least once every 2 months to increase it's longevity and ensure you get a delicious cup of coffee every time!
Here's how to do it:
- Start by placing your brewer on top of a towel and turn it on.
- Next fill a 2 cup measuring cup with cold water.
- Add a generous dash of distilled white vinegar (up to 1/4 cup depending how much room you have left).
- Pour the solution into the water reservoir of your unit.
- Press and hold both brew buttons until they begin to flash quickly at the same time (your brewer is now in descale mode).
- With the measuring cup on the drip tray press the large brew button. Your machine should cycle the entire contents of the water reservoir and dispense it into the measuring cup.
- When the brewer stops, repeat the process once more with a clean dose of water/ distilled white vinegar solution.
- Next, repeat the same process several times using only water to assure that the smell and taste of vinegar is removed.
- To exit descale mode, press and hold both brew buttons until they are no longer flashing.
- At this point I would recommend washing the drip tray and water reservoir either by hand or in the dishwasher.
- Once those parts are clean, reassemble your unit, add fresh (preferably distilled) water and enjoy a cup of espresso prepared with your now perfectly clean espresso maker!
Check out our selection of Nespresso Originaline compatible capsules available in light, medium and dark espresso roasts. You can also save 20% on our pods by signing up for a monthly subscription and have our premium coffee delivered right to your door every month!